Wednesday 5 August 2015

Dubai Adventures

Dubai! Known for it's tall skyscrapers and of course the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa! That was another one of my destinations this summer. My cousin, Sarah, my aunt and my uncle also live there. We stayed with them, and what great hosts they were. That made the trip even more fun; staying up late at night, talking, watching movies and telling stories. We arrived a little late in the night, so the minute we reached, we slept. 

THE NEXT MORNING:
The first part of the day was pretty chill and relaxed. We ate breakfast and chatted. As you probably know, there are quite a few malls in Dubai, as well as the the Dubai Mall (If I remember correctly the 18th biggest mall in the world). There were so many stores and so much to look at, sometimes finding stores was hard but almost everything you need is there. If you prefer smaller malls, with yet a variety of stores, the Mall of Emirates or the Ibn Battuta Mall are good choices. Don't forget, shop till' you drop! Though, I didn't really do too much shopping, it was fun roaming around the mall with my family. At the time we went, the malls were pretty crowded as Eid began. In the evening my sister, Zarmin, my cousin and I went to Kidzania. it was almost like an entire different world for children AND teens to experience the adult world. You earned money if you worked and paid money when buying things. You get to work in different places, such as the the SWISS ARABIA, a perfume shop where you made perfumes or the Kinder Chocolate Factory, where you made chocolate! You could go to a university, or be a doctor. You got degrees, resumes, passports and the experience was outstanding. Though, some of the people working there were not the nicest, the whole idea was interesting and entertaining. I would totally go there again.

THE SECOND DAY:
The second day, my uncle came and joined us, bringing along my cute baby cousin. AW! And I'm proud to say, he learned my name (which is not easy). Fine, I made him learn a nickname, but good enough. Most of the day was spend waiting for them and preparing everything for them so we didn't do too much. At the end of the day, Zarmin, Sarah, my aunt and I went down to the park/playground with our baby cousin. After a while, we decided to swim and though this was a chilled day it was a great one. A family reunion!

THE LAST DAY:
We didn't get to spend too much time in Dubai, but they were full of fun and memorable times. Our flight was in the evening so we had limited time that day, but 5 hours in Sega Republic were more than enough. It is an indoor theme park in Dubai Mall. There was a variety of rides and my favorite one was probably the Spingear, which was a rollercoaster. Sarah, Zarmin and I got the unlimited pack, in which we could take any ride as many times as we wanted. Though, these cards didn't include access to games, so we didn't play any but the rides were enough for us. We took so many, I could've vomitted any second in the last few minutes of our time in Sega. Meanwhile, our moms roamed around the mall. Our trip was soon over, but the memories remained. 

No comments:

Post a Comment